COVID-19 September Update

Dearest Elementals,

We thank you for your amazing support during this unusual year, and we are happy to share with you another update for Elements Festival 2020. Through all this uncertainty, our mission to build Elements Festival 2020 has been a beacon of hope to keep us going. Having a date locked in and a goal to strive for reminds us daily that there will be an end to this global crisis, and we hope, in some small way, it can do the same for you.

At this point in time, the Elements Festival team is still working hard and pushing ahead with the planned dates for 17 - 20 December. We want to assure you that the safety and health of our community is and always will be our top priority, and we will only move ahead with these dates if it is safe for us all to gather together and if the festival can be delivered in accordance with QLD laws and health directives. It is a challenging landscape to navigate, but we remain optimistic that with the positive progress around Australia, we will be able to create yet another music-fuelled real-life gaming adventure for our tribe to enjoy.  

We are now working on our COVID-Safe Plan and undertaking the necessary negotiations with local and state authorities. As this is a dynamic situation, the exact requirements are not yet clear. However, we will release more information as it comes to ensure you’re all up to speed with any new requirements we’ll all have to work with. This may include downsizing this year’s festival and reducing our audience capacity, contact tracing information, screening/health declarations upon entry, and increased hygiene and sanitation measures.

The 2020 instalment of Elements Festival will be a whole new world compared to what you’re used to. COVID-Safe operating conditions are crucial, and the Elements team is committed to finding the right balance that will allow the festival to go ahead while providing a quality experience for all our loyal supporters.

It is important to note that if the current positive trajectory reverses, or if for some reason we’re unable to deliver on a vital COVID-Safe benchmark, the festival may be postponed to 2021. Should a postponement occur, all tickets and camping options will be transferred to the new dates. One question that has been asked many times is about border closures, and we want to assure everyone that we will not run the festival without at least our NSW and VIC friends being able to attend. The festival wouldn’t be the same without all the amazing artists and Elementals from these regions.

Stay hopeful, tribe! We will continue to provide COVID-19 updates as we get closer to December.